Monday, December 12, 2011

What happens if i wrote the wrong routing number on my tax return direct deposit?

When i filled out my tax return i wrote in the wrong routing number. My state return was sent to me as a direct deposit because of the same mistake. I tried calling the IRS wheres my refund hot-line but all it says is that my refund should be received today and offer no option to speak with a representative regarding the issue. Is there another number i can call to have the routing number corrected or at least to get information as to when a paper check would be mailed to me?|||The refund will be rejected by your bank and returned to the IRS. After a couple of weeks the IRS will see the outstanding refund and mail a paper check to the address listed on your tax return. This process takes approximately 3 - 4 extra weeks so be patient, and check the IRS website (www.irs.gov) under "where's my refund" for the status. Just be a bit more careful next time.|||You can't correct it. After a delay of a week or two, maybe as much as 3, you'll get a paper check.|||It will take about 6 weeks for it to find you. Mistakes are sometimes costly - learn from your mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete