Thursday, December 15, 2011

When you do direct deposit at an employer? Can they put the money in different banks?

I know that you can break it so a % goes into savings, etc





But can you break it so 20% goes into 5 different checking accounts at different banks?





Why do I ask? Many banks offer $100 to open a checking account


And the minimum direct deposits are not that high





And yes, I know I can call my employer and ask - just curious|||This is a puny plan for making money...|||You can open a new account and transfer the direct deposit to it.


You cannot tell your employer that you want 50% here and 50% there. They won't do it.





Chasing (and I know the bank is Chase) the $100 isn't going to work more than once.|||Asking your employer is what you're going to have to do.





Not every employer even offers direct deposit.|||most will|||Can they put the money in different banks?





Sure they CAN, but will they?? I'm guessing NO. The form that I filled out to do this (direct deposit), only had room for one bank routing #.

No comments:

Post a Comment