Monday, December 12, 2011

Has anybody got a call verifying bank information on tax return?

I just had a client call me telling me that somebody called her wanting to verify her account number to deposit her tax return. They had all her info all she had to do was verify it. They had the amount of her return and all her bank info correct...has anybody else had this happen to them?|||It's a scam. No legitimate person calls to "verify" an account number. Refer this call to the proper authorities.|||I have never heard of that, and would refuse to give or confirm any of that information over the phone. The IRS or any financial insitution wouldn't call someone. Frankly, they already have all of that information, and they don't need to double check it. I think it is some sort of scam.|||this is a bad scam o to the web site @ www.irs.gvo and read about this need to call the irs and report this like now|||I'd be very suspicious of this call. Doesn't sound right. Who did they claim was calling? The IRS wouldn't make the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment