Monday, December 12, 2011

What happens when one is not compensated for hours worked through direct deposit & in return recieves fees?

A letter sent to my employer:





Employer,





I received a phone call today regarding the delay with the company鈥檚 Direct Deposit system. I am aware that there was a problem and understand there will be another delay with my expenses being deposited into my account. However, I do have a question, because I have not received a check for my hours worked for 2 weeks now, this inconvenience has caused continuous overdraft fees to my account resulting in approximately $200 of fees at my expense because my checks have not been deposited. Will the company cover these expenses?


Me|||That is a good letter but I would also speak with the bank. They might waive the fees if you sound sad enough. Speak with your payroll department at your job in person as well.|||unfortunatly, I beleive you are on the losing end of this fight because your empoyer never set up the direct deposit in the first place|||If the employer forces you to have direct deposit, which many do these day, you might have a slim chance. However, they didn't FORCE you to overdraw your account - your poor financial situation and money management skills aren't their fault. I would offer to accept the fees in lieu of you filing a claim against the company for uncompensated work with the state. Realistically, I would take half if they offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment