Monday, December 12, 2011

What are my options getting out of a lease if I never paid a deposit on it?

I sent an email of a signed lease, but never turned in a hard copy or paid a deposit, and left a note saying I no longer wanted to move in and to call me if they had any questions. I assumed I was in the clear when I didn't hear from them until a week and a half later, but apparently not. What are my options for getting out of the lease and am I even obligated if I never paid a deposit?|||You are bound by the contract if you signed it and sent it over. Maybe they were trying to get someone else in and thats why they waited 10 days (or whatever) to call you, but you are still bound by it. They'll probably let you off the contract with a penalty (maybe 30 days rent, maybe less) since it would be very hard for them to force you to pay anything but they could take you to court and really ruin your credit, so you'd better work this out in one way or another. Anyhow, just tell them you can't move in since you've lost your job (or something - play up the poor me angle) and see what they can do. If they insist you move in just tell them there is no real point since you can't afford the rent and they'd just be evicting you in a month if you did move in, so what do they suggest we do.|||Just ask him if the bears are still hunting. They'll know what your talking about

No comments:

Post a Comment