Monday, December 12, 2011

My last 2 are 10 and I filed in Jan using direct deposit. I don't owe any govn't loans..etc... I'll call IRS

Is the IRS even there today?|||OK, you do that.|||good luck with that|||Yeah you may have to. Their phone system isn't giving out updated information and the link to "where is my stimulus payment" gives most people error messages. It's best you call - but even the operators are giving very vague answers.|||Yeah. I keep reading the questions from today and people keep saying they talked to someone at the IRS office. I would love to know where you are calling. The only thing that I get is automated, with no option to talk to an operator. And by the way, Bostonian, you rock! Almost all of the questions that I have read, you give wonderfully detailed answers to.


The IRS is answering the phone today! CALL.


1800-829-1040. Select option 7. They will reroute you and then when they ask you if you want to find out the status of your stimulus check, DO NOTHING. They will ask twice. Then they connect you with an actual live operator. When I called, I told her I was checking on the status of my stimulus check. Very friendly and they will verify where your Direct Deposit is going and what day to expect it. Good luck and let us know what you find out!|||IRS phone representatives were not given any information on the stimulus rebates, noteven any detailed training on the stimulus rebates other that what is on the website. So don't blame the phone rep from not being able to provide an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment