Thursday, December 15, 2011

How does the Deposit Protection Scheme work?

I'm a tenant, my tenancy will end on 30th June. My landlord put my deposit on the DPS and they sent me the letter with the ID e.t.c, how do I get my money back after the tenancy is over. Do I call the DPS myself or does the landlord do that and gives the money back to me?|||The landlord








"Moving Out


At the end of the tenancy, check whether you are leaving the property and its contents in the condition in which it was let to you - allowing for fair wear and tear- and check that you have paid your rent and any other expenses. Then agree with your landlord or agent how much of the deposit should be returned to you.





Within 10 days 鈥?you should have received the agreed amount of the deposit."

No comments:

Post a Comment