Thursday, December 15, 2011

Put a deposit on a cruise but restaurant prices went up?

I put a deposit on a cruise. I asked for a list of prices for restaurants (saved for what i wanted to do) and now after I have paid the ticket in full and past the refund date I went on their website to put in reservations and all of the prices went up 10-15 dollars! :( should i call and complain? will i get anywhere?|||It never hurts to complain. Their in the hospitality industry so they are consistently used to complaints by customers and commonly give customers extra things to make them happy. I bet if you call you will get something out of it, if not nothing lost!|||I would cancel the restaurant reservations and eat in the main dining room for no extra charge. If you have already paid for them then they should give you a refund or at least a ship credit that you can put toward your tip or other on board expenses. If worse comes to worse you can tell them to take off the charge for the tips (usually $11/day) and they have to do it as it is not mandatory. Talk to customers relations once you are on the ship. They DO like to have satisfied customers.|||Something does not sound correct.





The cruise lines have had specialty restaurants that charge extra, but most that I am aware of charge $30-$40... so a $10-$15 increase seems odd.





Some ships that don't have separate speciality restaurants have introduced something where you can order some special meal served to you in the main dining room for an additional $10-$20 charge.





However, your typical Cruse dining in the Main Dining Room is available to you at no additional charge.





My guess is that unless you made a reservation at a certain price, they are able to change prices... just as if they changed their drink prices, spa service prices, etc.





But if they did what you describe... as you described it, it seems like a raw deal to me! I doubt if you will get it changed, but I would certainly ask, and I would make a huge point of it when you do the review at the end of the cruise. They do read those.





Good luck... I'd hate to see you get put off by something before you even get on the ship!|||I am not sure, what you mean, that all of the prices went up 10-15 dollars. For the speciality Restaurant - since this is what cruise lines charge for. The other Restaurants are included in your cruise fare.





Please be more specific with cruise line / ship and what you are actually trying to book, when you talk about Restaurant.





Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment