Thursday, December 8, 2011

Old roomate won't give my half of the security deposit, return calls, or give back other possesions? Help?

Our names were both on the lease for the whole time. Now that we have both moved out, he has taken the whole security deposit back and some of my dishes (glasses, bowls, and just items in general). He WILL NOT respond to calls, texts, nor will his fiance. It has been over a month and I am tired of this game, what can I do? Legally, I want to know the best way to make this situation right.|||Do you know where he lives? Can you go there in person?





If he will not respond, you must deal with this as the civil matter it is and file a suit in small claims court for the value of your share of the refunded deposit. Forget about your dishes...that's a very minor consideration compared to the money.|||If the total is less than $500 (or $1000 in some states) take him to small claims court.

No comments:

Post a Comment